17 Oct Boundary Street Update
Boundary Street Update
October 13th – 20th
The duct bank was completed in the early morning hours on Tuesday (10-9). This was, arguably, the most complex and labor intensive portion of the entire project. The utilities will now be working especially hard to begin pulling their wires through the underground duct bank. This will set the conditions for businesses to be converted from overhead to underground service. Once businesses are connected the aerial telephone poles will be removed.
H&H, our contractor, will be creating conduit and utility connections from the duct bank to affected businesses. H&H has done a fantastic job with this project and they will be moving with purpose to ensure the conversions take place effectively and efficiently. If you have any questions about their efforts, please feel free to contact myself.
The traffic light at Carolina Cove should by now be activated. This has been a long time coming. Please use additional caution as many motorist acclimatize to the new signal.
1. Construction is occurring in 9 locations on Boundary Street. Given work in the median some traffic backups will occur. Please allot additional travel time and reduce speed to enhance our safety posture. Much median preparatory work will be done at night all next week beginning on Sunday night. This will set the stage for the center median curb to be constructed.
2. Sidewalk and driveway concrete work continues towards Smith’s Furniture and Appliance on the North side.
3. All utility companies continue to pull their wires through the underground duct bank. This is a long, arduous process, but this will set the stage for conversions and aerial pole removals.
4. The final boardwalk astride Applebee’s is a few days from being completed.
5. As we transition from subsurface to above surface work, many will see more workers on the project. Please slow down and contribute to a safe working environment.