25 Jan City Meetings
Glass (bottles) are once again being accepted in your recycling bin. Also a reminder: the plastic handle of your roll cart (that handle you push the cart with) is to face the house, not the street.
THIS WEEK’S CITY OF BEAUFORT MEETINGS
Zoning Board of Appeals - 5:30 PM, Monday Jan 25th
- Pledge of Allegiance
- FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT COMPLIANCE Public Notification of the Zoning Board of Appeals meeting has been published in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act requirements.
- Review of Minutes
- Minutes of the December 21, 2021 Meeting
- Review of Projects
- 108 South Hermitage Road, Identified as District R120, Map 5, Parcel 319 and 41,
- Applicant: Montgomery Architecture + Planning (ZB15-33)
- The Applicant is requesting a 2’6” side yard setback variance (south side) in order to construct a building addition
- New Business
Note: A project will not be reviewed if the applicant or a representative is not present at the meeting.
City Council work session (5:00 PM) and regular meeting (7:00 PM) Tuesday, January 26
- EMPLOYEE NEW HIRE RECOGNITION DISCUSSION ITEMS
Regular Meeting - Council Chambers, 2nd Floor
- Invocation and pledge of allegiance
- Proclamations/Commendations/Recognition Character Education Proclamation – Lady’s Island Elementary School, Adrionna Byas
- Public Comment
- Minutes - Review of Work-session and Regular Meeting December 15, 2021 Review of Regular Meeting December 22, 2021
- Old Business
- Ordinance Authorizing City Manager to Execute a Contract of Purchase, Sale and Lease Agreement with the River Pickers, LLC for the Purchase of Property located at 2242 Boundary Street – 2nd Reading
- New Business
- Request for Co-Sponsorship regarding use of Waterfront Park from First Scots Presbyterian Church for Easter Sunrise Service on Sunday, March 27, 201
- Ordinance amending Title 7 of the Code of Ordinances by adding Sections 7-1026 and 7-1027 pertaining to the Licensing of group events – 1st Reading
- Ordinance Amending Chapter 9 Article C of the C ode of Ordinance pertaining to the Redevelopment Commission – 1st Reading
- Ordinance to provide for the Issuance and Sale of General Obligation Refunding Bonds of 2016 – 1st Reading
- Resolution amending the contract of sale of 302 Carteret Street
- City Manager’s Report
- Mayor’s Report
- Reports by Council Members
Wednesday, January 27. Beaufort Code Technical Review Committee. 9:00 AM
- Ongoing review of staff recommendations for The Beaufort Code
Weekly Boundary Street info sessions moved to Thursday afternoons at City Hall
Weekly updates about the Boundary Street construction will be held Thursdays from 4-6 p.m. on the ground floor of Beaufort City Hall.
The City’s senior project manager David Coleman will lead the drop-in sessions. People are encouraged to attend to find out the latest information about the $32 million highway improvement project that started this month.
The Boundary Street Redevelopment District serves as an essential element in the regional road network. The previous Boundary Street Corridor failed to grow in appropriate ways to accommodate increased traffic and retail/commercial growth.
The City of Beaufort and Beaufort County seek to transform Boundary Street from a crowded, inefficient, unattractive and under-performing strip commercial corridor into a complete, compact and connected mixed-use district that is safer for drivers and pedestrians, helps businesses succeed, and is a more attractive and appropriate entry to the historic city.
The total estimated cost to develop and build this important safety project is about $32 million, funded through three sources:
- Federal Highway Administration TIGER grant of $12.635 million
- The Beaufort County one cent sales tax of $11.346 million
- And the City of Beaufort’s TIF II estimated contribution of about $8.223 million.Once roadwork starts, lane closures will occur only at night Monday through Friday. The streetscape project will go from Neil Road to Greenlawn Drive. The utility work will extend to Ribaut Road. There will be no work done east of Ribaut Road.For background information and updates, visit www.boundarystreetupdate.com.