10 Oct Update: Boundary Street
Boundary Street Update
October 5th – 13th
Ladies and Gentlemen:
There has been significant progress during the past week. Concrete sidewalks and curbs continue to be installed and the utility companies are busy at work preparing for overhead to underground connection service. There is quite a bit of work still to be done but things are moving at a very steady clip. Here are some important notes in addition to the update:
First, conduits continue to be run from the duct bank to businesses. The conduit runs are being undertaken by the project at no cost to businesses and are facilitating bringing utility service to each address.
Secondly, work has begun on the center median. This work will be highly disruptive, at times. In order to limit the impact, the contractor is working a 5 day a week, 24 hour a day schedule in order to bring a substantial amount of the project to completion by late this year or early next year. Please bear with us as this work is expedited.
We will more than likely have a heavy rain event in conjunction with high tides heading into next week. Please help us help you by making sure drainage systems in front of your addresses are free from debris in order to facilitate the rapid outflow of water.
1. Please see the attached map for a graphical depiction of next weeks projected Boundary Street work. Construction is occurring in 7 locations on Boundary Street. Given work in the median some traffic backups will occur. Please allot additional travel time and reduce speed to enhance our safety posture.
Boundary Street Map Oct 5 - 13
2. Sidewalk and driveway concrete work continues towards Farmers Furniture.
3. The last bit of duct bank work, weather dependent, will be done by Wednesday next week.
4. All utility companies continue to pull their wires through the underground duct bank. This is a long, arduous process, but this will set the stage for conversions and aerial pole removals.
5 Walgreens will be shut down on Thursday night (Oct 12th) from 10pm until Friday morning (Oct 13th) at 6am to facilitate SCE&G electrical connections.
6. If you have questions or would like to chat, please feel free to contact me anytime me at 843-470-3512 or email@example.com. As always, if you do not receive a response from me by email, please do not hesitate to call me.
Have a great weekend.
Director of Public Projects and Facilities
City of Beaufort
1911 Boundary Street
Beaufort SC 29902
Boundary Street Map Oct 5 - 13.pdf