17 Apr ‘Earth Day, Every Day’ Week-Long Initiative Coming to Beaufort County
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 11, 2017
‘EARTH DAY, EVERY DAY’ WEEK-LONG INITIATIVE COMING TO BEAUFORT CO.
BEAUFORT, S.C. – Concerned citizens, joined by the Coastal Conservation League, have partnered with vendors in northern Beaufort County to announce a week-long commitment to reduce plastic bag pollution. From April 17 through 22, the public is encouraged to shop at local businesses that will use reusable or paper bags to help reduce plastic bag pollution in Lowcountry waterways.
What: Earth Day, Every Day! Help Reduce Plastic Bag Pollution
Who: You! Members of the public are encouraged to shop at the following
· BI-LO – 860 Parris Island Gateway, Beaufort, SC 29906
· BI-LO – Beaufort Town Center, 2127 Boundary St., Beaufort, SC 29902
· Food Lion – 10 Sams Point Rd., Beaufort, SC 29902
· Food Lion – 350 State Rd. S-7-86, Beaufort, SC 29906
· Herban Marketplace – 1211 Newcastle St., Beaufort, SC 29902
· Piggly Wiggly – 1347 Ribaut Rd., Port Royal, SC 29935
· West Marine – 1347 Ribaut Rd., Port Royal, SC 29935
On Saturday, April 22, the week-long ‘Earth Day, Every Day!’ event will culminate at the Port Royal Farmers Market. Several local vendors at the farmers market will also recognize Earth Day by participating in the plastics-free initiative.
# # #
The Coastal Conservation League is a non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to protecting the coastal resources of South Carolina. Our mission is to protect the natural landscapes, abundant wildlife, clean water and traditional communities by working with citizens, local governments and the state legislature.